Thursday, February 23, 2012

Salvation

Written by 16 yr old son - Kenneth

A lot of times I find that I doubt there truly is a God. I see people all around me destroying their lives with drugs, alcohol, and similar things. Then I will ask myself how a loving God would allow things like that to happen. But there is no point to question Him. God allows things like this to happen so that He can get people’s attention. But most of the time it does not work. People just go on with their lives and do not care who helped them. They do not stop to think that God had helped them in their time of need. That is why we need to tell them who helped them and how they can get saved. Salvation is not something to just shrug off. It is a decision that can change the course of your life dramatically if you allow God to work in you. But how do you get saved? The answer lies in one word that only the Savior of the world can give: grace. Christ died on the cross to take the punishment for our sins so that we “can be saved through faith – and this not from ourselves, it is the gift of God- not by works, so that no one can boast (Ephesians2:8-9). Titus 2:11 states that “the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.” I see God’s hand at work all around me each day. He uses the bad to bring about the good. In other words, what someone does can be used by God to bring them to Him. I know this for a fact because I am saved. Therefore, I know that whatever God does He does for a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment