Thursday, February 16, 2012

Lesson for self

One of the great (and exceedingly horrible) things about writing this blog is self examination.  At this point, I am asking myself why did I write about sanctification.   Because truly, to be honest and faithful I must inquire within.  So I again and again. . .I must go before the Lord and ask His help in this process.  It is ongoing and requires more humility and faith than I can muster on my own. Praise God, He is able where I am not.

Another area of my life that requires me to do self-examination is the fact that I facilitate ladies Bible study groups.  Actually, because of such examination I have delayed starting the next group of sessions by a couple months. As each week passed, I was ready to jump in and announce the next study.  But I determined along the path that we must not just do something to do something.  We must understand why we do it and that it is the God's will.  Otherwise, how are we any different from the rest of the world.  Our church becomes a business, our house of worship becomes a building, our discipleship times becomes socialization times and so on. I am sure you get the point.

As I have thought about this so much over the past couple of months, it has rocked me to my core.  Not because it was a new concept but because I honestly do not know how we will change it.  As Christians, we often breeze into and out of people's lives.  For the most part, I only see friends from church on Sunday and Wednesday.  We see each other briefly and go about the rest of our week.  But I wonder is that getting in the way of our deeper relationships with Christ.  As Proverbs 27:17 says, "As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. "

Bottom line is that we need each other.  We need to sit together and share our challenges, our revelations, and our growth.  In this way, we can lift each other in prayer for "For where two or three come together in my name (Jesus), there am I with them."

Just think. . . when the Lord shares something amazing with you this week then you could share it. In this way, it will be a multiplied blessings.  What better way to show love. More importantly, what better way to grow a strong church body than by disciplining each other. So as you may have guessed, the next Bible study is scheduled.  I am so excited to see what the Lord will do. I feel that He has taken a time to refresh and refocus me.  I am looking forward to both disciplining and being discipled.

I am sure today's blog is a bit of a ramble. My heart has been so heavy burdened on this topic which makes it hard to write about.  I do hope it will bless and encourage you.

No comments:

Post a Comment