Friday, February 17, 2012

Why do we hit SAVE and not PUBLISH

As a blog writer, I have an option on each new post. I can simply SAVE the post or I can PUBLISH the post.  So I began to think, why would I use save without publishing?  The reasons came tumbling forward.

1) I am embarrassed by what I have written.  Perhaps it is too personal.

2) It might change something in a way I might not like. Cause you never know who might be reading it.

3) I am saving it up for later

4) I simply feel it is not good enough to publish.

Is this not like our Salvation? We accept Jesus as our Savior because we want Heaven. We want what we perceive to be the end prize with no real regard for anything along the way. Do you know that when you accept Jesus as your Savior but fail to pursue a daily relationship that is like being SAVED without PUBLISHING?

When you understand that you have sinned, that Jesus paid the price for that sin, turn from sin and accept Jesus as your Savior. . .you are SAVED.  But if you are embarrassed and don't proclaim His truth. . .then you fail to PUBLISH.  Do you feel it is too personal or, worse yet , are you embarrassed?

If you like the way you live and you are afraid something will change. . . then you fail to PUBLISH.  If you have a daily relationship with Christ, it will change lots of things. But I will tell you a little secret, you will love it. No it is not a cakewalk.  You end up making some really difficult decisions, experiencing trials, etc.  But you have something amazing. The peace that passes understanding.  When you are soaked in the Holy Spirit by spending time with the Lord, you can go through anything and feel peace.  Isn't that amazing? That is the peace that passes understanding. Not only that, but have you every felt the Lord's over-whelming love for you in a moment. It can happen but it is a result of PUBLISHING!

Sometimes I know I want to publish an article but I am just not quite ready.  So I save it up for later.  I think so many of us do this with our relationship with Christ.  We want to be selfish, (add your excuse here) or just think we don't have time so we save it up for later.  We always plan to spend time with Him but we just don't. We choose not to PUBLISH.

Then there are days that I pound the keyboard and nothing comes easy. No matter what I do, nothing is good enough to PUBLISH.  This is the worst of all. I think it is the heart of it all. When we are SAVED and choose not to have a daily relationship. . we are saying every so quietly that our relationship with the Father is not good enough to PUBLISH. We lack true faith in the one who SAVED us and therefore. . .we are not PUBLISHED. Go ahead and hit the PUBLISH button. He is waiting to hear from you.

Are you PUBLISHING your relationship with Christ today? If so, I would love to hear a testimony of His great love.

Tomorrow, God willing, I will talk about some steps to take that you may begin publishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment