Sunday, March 4, 2012

Status Quo Christian

Getting ready to start a new Bible Study tomorrow.  I am filled with excitement and nervousness about it.  I know God has prepared this lesson for us.  For months now, He has repeatedly laid it out before me.  Now I feel the burden of the task to try to put together cohesively all that I have been learning.  I sense that this is the one.  The one that could radically change lives. The process of preparation has changed me and I so want to share it.

The theme of the study has been pounded out on my computer in a few of these post.  It is basically, how to not be a (what I am calling) a "status quo Christian".  You may be thinking,  what in the world does that mean? It is being a Christian but having a surface level daily relationship. If you are a "status quo Christian" then you may feel moved Sunday morning during the sermon, but by Monday you are too busy to let it matter.   You probably heard that God speaks, but doubt He does these days. When you hurt or are in a difficult situation, you have no faith God will change anything. You probably don't read your Bible or may not have ever been on your face before the Lord. And as a result, you are ho hum about your relationship with Christ.

The study we are doing is "One In A Million" by Priscilla Shirer".  I hope to be able to add to that some of what God has taught me over the past months.  In the end, I pray we will find our Promise Land.  The place where we live an abundant life with a God who desires to talk with us. I pray that we learn to "walk" with Him daily on both good days and bad. I pray that bitterness and lack of faith with be sent packing back to the father of lies.  That every time we read His Word our excitement will grow and we will tingle head to toes.  I cannot wait to see what the Lord Jesus will do with our lives when they are fully submitted (eyes upon the one who loves us more than life itself - literally).

No comments:

Post a Comment