Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wisdom

Today I spent some time in 1 Corinthians 2 but with a message God keeps pleading with me to fully accept.  It is not that I don't know that wisdom comes from God, quite the contrary. However, knowing and doing what I must don't always go hand in hand.  Today as I read this message and remembered other recent times He used various methods to convey it ~ it washed over me anew.


As we know, God God the Father , God the Son (Jesus), and God the Holy Spirit (that lives within us when we accept Christ) are one.  In our quest, to understand or at least deal with life we seek to understand all sorts of things.  Why do people do things? What does tomorrow hold? How was the universe created? What is Heaven like? What should I do next? How can I continue to live in a difficult situation? And the list goes on and on. There are more questions than we could ever imagine answers for.  In 1 Corinthians 2:10 the Bible says, "But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God."  Did you hear that? It says, the Spirit searches the deep things of God! Now since the Holy Spirit is God maybe that is not so surprising but did you realize that as a mature believer in Christ that Spirit is within you? That means that when you spend time with God, He that is within you can answer all your questions.Verse 12 says, "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God."  I am so excited about this! 


Why would we not spend time with God? Don't we want answers and direction? I truly think we do. I believe it is selfishness and fear that keep most of us from spending time with God. First we are selfish of our time.  We know what we should do but do what we want to do. Second, perhaps we sometimes fear that God's direction will not line up with our desires.  Yep, we would do that. Miss what is precious for what is of no use.  I know I do that often. 


God created us to spend time with him and has so much to offer us during that time. I think we just get so caught up in the wisdom of this world that we forget the power in the gift of true wisdom which can only come from the God who created EVERYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment