Monday, January 21, 2013

Prayer Request and Study

boomliftI have a prayer request that I have felt the Lord's calling to share here.  Please join with me on this. We have sweet friends serving in Haiti as full-time missionaries. In so many ways their work there is dangerous, but one way is reaching high places in unsafe ways.  They are in great need of a tow-able boom lift.  I won't presume to know how the Lord God will answer this prayer but I believe He will. Please join in prayer that He might hear our cries. Even share this with your Bible Study groups.  I know the Lord is able and willing to answer!

For accountability purposes - I completed week 3, day 1 of the James study.  Oh my word, I love the book of James! There is so much packed in this little book.  It is such sweet enrichment to my soul.

Then for my Old Testament reading, I am on Exodus 10.  The richness of the lives described is amazing. I am daily overwhelmed my how the Lord is using these stories that I already knew to speak new truth. I am also amazed at how exciting these stories have become. For those who love to read a good fiction book, just think how much more exciting it is when you know they are based on a true story. Well, this is even greater. It is exciting like any good fiction book but is ALL a true story.  Praise God for He is a God like no other.

As I have read through the stories of the plagues, the Lord spoke to me about how we often harden our hearts. It could be regarding anything the Lord calls us to do.  As Christians, how often have we not even heard or understood because we didn't know it was from the Lord or didn't have a Godly fear. I thought. . . I read this story so often thinking poorly of Pharaoh when my own sin is no less.  How humbling.  If you are a non-Christian, is the Lord calling you to Himself?  If so, don't drag it out. The pain caused along the way is not worth it.  The eternal punishment is definitely not worth it. As Pharaoh discovered, in the end it doesn't matter what we believe.  God is still God.  We can be obedient and feel His love and peace. . . or go down a path that leads to death and destruction.

Father, please help us to be obedient. Please help us to not act like Pharaoh continuously going back on our word.  Lord, please press your truth upon our hearts and minds that we might truly know that you are God (and there is none like you).  Father, please make us hungry every day for your Word.

Wendy signature

 

No comments:

Post a Comment