Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year

Well Christmas and New Years are past.  I have to say that it was truly a wonderful time for our family this year. The Lord has been so good to us.  We had beautiful church services, great family time and really just a sense of peace. So now to move forward with 2013.  I don't do resolutions. Not against them. . . just not interested. Truly I just know that I will fail.  In my power, I have no power.  But still I can't help but think of things I need to change with a fresh new year.

Over the years, I have done lots of group Bible studies. One such study was what the Lord used to capture my attention and turn my heart to Him.  So they are precious to me.  But the last year, again God has been working and I feel the need to take another step.  My vision for this year is a go both deeper and wider.  By deeper I mean to spend more time in the Word than in a workbook. By wider, I want to get a better over-all grasp of scripture (putting the pieces grasped through workbook studies together more cohesively). That is my goal.  Now saying that, I purchased yet another workbook so it is going to take determination. So I step forward prayerfully that the Lord will help me to do what He has set in my heart.  I will post here from time to time and let you know how it is going.

We are also trying to be much more intentional about being host/hostesses.  It is a simple way to show love as God commanded. Plus we are already making some amazing new friends as we do this.  I do find that this requires putting pride aside. I would love to make a big meal every time we have company. . .but I was reminded (the hard way through failure and expense) that this is not the way to go. Simple inexpensive foods but very welcoming home is the winner!  May the Lord bless the effort and those who dine with us. Be sure to check my blog from time to time Family Faith & Dinner. You may see some of these meals there in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment