Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Heart, Soul & Mind

I am so excited today!  I have enjoyed some study time and now I am enjoying a nice bowl of Cream of Wheat (trying to not let it drip as I rush forward to write this).  I so want to be wholly owned by the Heavenly Father - Heart, Soul and Mind. I want to surrender my will to His will. I want to drink in all that He wants to teach me and be obedient to His guiding. I cannot wait to see what new thing He will do in my life.

I started an Old Testament class.  We have only had the first class and already it was amazing.  As I listened,  the Lord opened my eyes in a whole new way to Moses and why He wrote much of what He wrote.  I also have a fresh understanding as to why the Israelites spent so much desert time.  Their lives are so important to the precious God breathed book that I am studying.  As I listened to the introduction for this class, it was clear. . . this is what I was longing for.  I was so incredibly excited I could hardly sit still.  Finally, something that would tie together all the Bible studies to make it all more cohesive.  I also began to understand more about differences in churches.  I know I have said it before but understand what your church or denomination believes and why.  It is very important as it colors all you are taught there.  On a slightly separate note, pray and be obedient if you feel that you are not where the Holy Spirit is leading you. It is so easy to stay put but not always God's best for us.  Sometimes we must make changes to learn and do all He wants for us.

I also started the workbook study.  Today I completed the second day of Beth Moore's study James.  The workbook is available at Lifeway Christian Bookstores or online.  So far it is incredible! I also love the way she has given options to do a deeper study in this workbook.  Her ability to help you be there and feel the things that Jesus' earthly family felt are amazing. I think it is going to be the perfect balance to my Old Testament study. I bet the Lord will even use them together to teach new things.

Another big excitement is that I got a brand new Bible.  I am now using the English Standard Version (ESV) and love it.  I have used it for a couple of weeks without making marks or writing in it. But at last I am making it my own.  I love to write in the margins and mark what God is teaching.  The perfectly smooth clean pages are starting to look loved.

At this point I am thinking this blog might provide accountability.  I usually concentrate on one thing at a time but my hunger for the Lord will not allow that right now.  I feel almost guilty to set this much time aside to study but also feel that it is what I need to do right now.  Please pray with me that I can stay on course and the Lord God will bless the time spent studying His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment