Thursday, January 31, 2013

Flooding of my heart. . .after loneliness

God always gives us what we need. Not always what we think we want but what we need.  About six years ago, we moved to beautiful South Carolina. I left behind the sweetest of friends and prayer warriors but was hopeful that the Lord would provide more.  During the time that we moved into our new home, vinyl wall scripture had become a big thing.  So one day while browsing a bookstore. . .we found on clearance a verse that seemed (size wise) to fit a space in our den.  It was, "Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10  Little did I know at the time that it was not about decor or even having the words of the Lord on our wall.  It was about a lesson.  The Lord God was teaching a lesson. As our time progressed there we were involved in church. We found many friends who we love but none were those sweet sisters who would curl up on the sofa and pray until tears ran down our faces.  Not only did that make the six years lonely but it was filled to the brim with challenges.  Oh my, what a difficult time it has been.  Due to my recent Old Testament study and readings, I can't help but relate to the Israelites wondering in the desert stubbornly refusing to believe and submit.

During this time, over and over the Lord God has reminded me "Be still and know that I am God".  I honestly feel now that the season was long because I was so incredibly stubborn.  It was so hard for me to rest in Him no matter what.  There were many times over the years that I felt His presence and amazing love.  Still I was filled with anxiety, heartache, confusion and loneliness.  Looking back I  IMG_0253[1]realize that if God weren't so merciful, I could have lost so much more than the six years.  A message that God keeps putting before me right now is this. . .If I don't continually stay filled with Him then anything can get in.  I must have His daily filling and restoration.  Every thought must be tested against His word.  I am far too gullible to the enemies lies.

Last October, we moved again to a small town down the road about 40 minutes.  Not so far really, but in many senses a world away.  As we went to Hobby Lobby looking for somethings to fill the walls of our new home, I couldn't help but be drawn to a rather large cross that is made up of the names of God.  It took a couple of weeks for me to have the courage to buy such a large cross.  But it marks a change in my life.  From "Be still and know that I am God" to seeing who He is more fully.  I love it!  It marks even more of a change though.  I am overwhelmed how God has blessed us these few short months.  He has brought the most loving, caring, beautiful people into our lives.  When Jim and I sit and talk about it. . . .there are no words.  We are stunned! How could we love people and feel so loved in such a short time?  The only explanation is the Holy Spirit. It would take pages for me to tell you all that has happened.  We are overwhelmed by the hand of God and how obedient so many have been.  I even sat on a sofa and poured out tears of love, faith and joy with a sweet sister this week.  Praising God for how He loves us down to every little detail.

Not sure why I am telling you this other than I believe so many people (especially women) are lonely.  They so desperately need a humble sweet prayer partner who will risk revealing the details of her life.  It is not an easy thing. We have no problem sharing health concerns, legal concerns and even money problems to some degree.  But forget about the things that most burden a heart. Just can't risk that.  As we prepared to moved, I prayed desperately that God would provide deep friendships. You know, the kind only found between people who love Christ more than anything else.  Praise God. . .He is faithful and He gives us the desires of our heart when we believe and trust.

I have a feeling that if you are still reading this. . . then you understand.  You either need that friend or you know you need to learn to be that friend.  I know it is hard but it is worth the risk!  I pray you will begin today!

No comments:

Post a Comment