Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A New Day. . .

Today is a new day! A new day for me to lay down my life to Christ. Will I cry out for Him? Will I be willing no matter the cost? Will I love Him even half as much as He loves me? I hope so. Lord please take my life this day to use however you please.

Honestly, I feel so overwhelmed by the Savior that I don't really know what to write today but have something to share. After reading "Radical', I moved forward to "Radical Together". Both of these books are a great motivator to be in the Word of God and seek Him like never before. Here is something to get you thinking.

If someone were looking from the outside, would they see a person that is desperately seeking the Spirit of God? "I want to give God no rest until we experience the power and the presence of God that we see in the church of Acts. One man preaches and more than three thousand people are cut to the heart and saved. The Lord is adding daily to their number those being saved. The lame are walking, and the blind are seeing. Thousands are coming to Christ at great cost, yet they can't be kept from proclaiming the gospel. God is picking up people and putting them in remote deserts to talk to people who are wondering about Jesus, the number of disciples is growing rapidly, and the gospel is spreading with power. I want to be part of a move of God like that. Do you?" Radical Together Pg 119

As God is growing my heart for missions, I realized some things. Miracles are still happening. People are still risking their very life and the lives of their families. There are still many people groups who have never heard the name of Jesus. Estimated at 6000 out of 11,000 people groups who still need to hear His truth. And yet. . .we go on with life as normal. How can we do that? I hear so many Christians say they feel like they are supposed to be doing something more but don't know what. This is the something more. I urge you to fast and pray. Seek God's face like never before and see where He leads you.

No comments:

Post a Comment