Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Nooks

One of my favorite possessions, no doubt, is my Nook. I started with the black and white version, then moved to Nook Color and recently to the new Tablet. So I wanted to share thoughts for those who might be trying to decide. Now these thoughts are for the basic user, not the techno geeks who will immediately make changes that Barnes and Noble would not be so happy with. First thing to note is that even with the more expensive versions, I have still missed the black and white Nook at times. For basic reading, it is definitely superior as long as you have light. It is easy on the eyes and the sun does not glare from it. The main reason that I went to the color is because it does not require a light to read. However, it is definitely harder on my eyes. So if you will be simply reading and always have light available black and white is the way to go. Now in addition to reading, the Nook color is wonderful for playing games. I have loved some Angry Birds on Nook Color. I have used it to go online when necessary but it is cumbersome at best. Recently, my husband so graciously acquired the Nook Tablet for me. It does everything the Nook Color does but has some extra features. It is a tad lighter in weight. Getting online is less cumbersome. It also comes preloaded with Netflix and Hulu Plus. Now you still must do the monthly subscription on these but it is impression that you can watch TV or movies on this small device. It also can be used for Facebook and other social media. Basically, it depends on the user as to which is best. But if you have someone on your list who is an avid reader. . . look at the barnesandnoble.com Nook. By the way, one last note is that I get many of my books free from www.christianbooks.com or www.barnesandnoble.com. Just check occasionally and grab them up when they are available. Hope this is helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment