Friday, November 11, 2011

Favorite Things. . .

I haven't blogged in a while and I just know you have missed me. LOL! Today I have some favorite things on my mind. Rather than having lots of stuff, I like to have quality items that can go the extra miles.

1) Alegria Shoes - These literally go the extra mile. When shopping for a new pair I often hear people comment on them being ugly. I guess they do kinda grow on you. I remember sorta thinking that same thing. Then I bought a pair. Well, for a year and a half I have worn almost nothing but Alegria Shoes. My favorites are the Paloma style. I have several pairs of these. I bought these shoes comfort but they have become about style as well. The mary jane style goes well with so many outfits. They add a little height with a hill and lots of pizazz. Now recently I jumped right outside the box and bought the Sedona Shearling Boots. Simply love them. No doubt they will cause my Palomas to get lonely some days. I typically wear a size 7.5 and wear a size 37 in both of these styles.

2) Cooking gadgets! Love, love, love to cook. Having the right gadgets and fresh ingredients make all the difference. My Kitchen-aide Mixer and Food Processor are big number ones! I love shopping Amazon and just looking through their vast collect of kitchen doodads. And don't forget a cute apron.

3) Hair Color but not just any. I am a do-it-yourselfer and proudly so. I used to think it was one of the worst chores. Then I discovered John Frieda form hair color. This stuff is amazing. I am finally able to color my hair without making a huge mess. The smell is pleasant and not overpowering.

4) NARS Blush. Not sure how to explain this one. I guess the pigment is just better. But I feel like I have a more natural glow. Plus it is easier to control how much blush I want for that day.

5) Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer was meant for me. It feels great and has a great touch of color. I love the Rhubard.

6) Today another hands down favorite is Ebay. Yes, there are some things that aren't my favorite about Ebay. But you can find anything and if you are patient you can find an incredible price! Hum. . . what could I look for tonight on Ebay?

7) Oh, I was about to forget a very favorite thing! My Nook Color from Barnes & Noble!!! Being able to carry lots of books in that one little tablet is amazing (especially on vacation). Did I mention I love to read? The selection of books is crazy. I have yet to run into something I wanted that wasn't available. I also often download books from Christianbooks.com. But if you happen to be tired of reading you can also download an app to play a game or many other fun things. No wishing for something to do with this neat little device. I am betting it will be the most popular Christmas present this year.

Stay tuned for my growing list of favorites! I also welcome comments of some of your favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment